I am a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist with 20 years of clinical experience. I was drawn to this work because of my passion to support people as they navigate challenges and transitions in their lives. I received my undergraduate degree in Psychology from Santa Clara University and my master’s degree in Counseling Psychology from the University of San Francisco.
I began my commitment to support families through my agency work. It is powerful to see the positive change and communication shifts that occur when everyone is able to share their perspective. I had the privilege of connecting with teens as they negotiated challenging milestones during my work in the schools. I chose to address the growing epidemic of body image issues and eating disorders through my role as the Executive and Clincal Director for a non-profit organization called Beyond Hunger. I witnessed the power of running groups for adults and teens with eating disorders and developed a peer education prevention program.
For over seventeen years I have had the opportunity to support clients with a variety of issues in my private practice where I enjoy working with adults, adolescents and families. I am inspired by my work with grieving parents who have experienced pregnancy loss or infant death. I am the HAND (Helping After Neonatal Death) North Bay Chapter Representative and a group facilitator. I also enjoy supporting new parents as they navigate the joys and challenges of raising a family. As a co-founder of Marin Perinatal Therapy, I am proud to provide resources and support for maternal mental health. I am a member of Postpartum Support International and have completed the perinatal mental health advanced training. I am a mother of three children- two in my arms and one in my heart. I offer a compassionate perspective to encourage healing and a safe space to address emotional needs.
Some of my areas of focus include:
- Perinatal therapy- support for women and families during pregnancy planning, pregnancy, subsequent pregnancy after loss and the first year postpartum
- Pregnancy loss– grieving the loss of one or more babies through miscarriage, stillbirth, termination and fertility treatments
- Adolescent therapy- providing a safe place to explore feelings and make conscious choices about life events
- Family therapy– often seeing the whole family together as they grow through significant life events
- Eating disorders– addressing the underlying issues that lie at the heart of the obsession with food and weight
- Speaking engagements, training, retreats and consultation- in the areas of parenting, family therapy, pregnancy loss, eating disorder treatment and prevention
MFC License # 40174